If you are new to the Jacksonville metropolitan area, or maybe just unfamiliar with the beaches district, you may not be aware of the different personalities in the various Jacksonville Beaches. Atlantic Beach is one of the quieter beach areas, shielded from the vast majority of the tourist beach traffic that generally gravitates to the Neptune and Jax Beaches. The small community is nestled between Hannah Park on the north and Atlantic Boulevard on the south, bound by Mayport Road and the Intracoastal.
This thirteen square mile patch has plenty of entertainment spots including the bars and pubs we’re interested in. Located north of Atlantic Boulevard makes these watering holes more intimate and friendly. They are able to cater to the locals and you are more likely to run into “the regulars” in the Atlantic Beach bars as opposed to the more transitive spots where they see more passing traffic.
Smaller and more intimate does not mean you can’t find what you are looking for. Atlantic Beach boasts plenty of good spots to stop in for a drink or two. On the northern end of the area you’re likely to run into plenty of military personnel as the Mayport Naval Station is just around the corner and there are many apartments and condos in the area.
As you get closer to Atlantic Boulevard you’ll find spots that are being reinvigorated and redesigned to bring life back into the neighborhoods. Some of these are fine upscale drinking establishments that are perfect for a fancy night out, and some are perfectly fine older bars where you feel like you’ve been there before. Atlantic Beach has something for everyone.
Our Picks for the Best Bars in Atlantic Beach
One Ocean Bar (Azurea Lounge)
Dining in the sand and on the water, Azurea fine dining restaurant and lounge at One Ocean Resort and Spa is a superb way to step out in style and enjoy the best Atlantic Beach has to offer. Fresh seafood seemingly plucked from the ocean right before your eyes, fantastic views up and down the Atlantic coastline, and staff eagerly awaiting to treat you as a VIP at your each and every whim. Azurea is a great way to relax in class.
- Hours: M-Th 11:30am-12am, F-Sa 10:30am-1am, Sun 10:30am-12am
- Address: 1 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Phone: (904) 249-7402
- Website: https://www.oneoceanresort.com/dine.htm
The Lemon Bar
The ultimate in the conventional “beach bar” expectation with everything you want in a local beach front bar with none of the extra trappings that pretend to be more than what it is. The Lemon Bar offers cold drinks on a hot day, good food at affordable prices, and a beach front vista from the bar stools to the patio chairs. Sometimes straightforward is the right answer and the Lemon Bar at Atlantic Beach gets it right.
- Hours: M-Th 11am-10pm, F-Sa 11am-12am, Sun 11am-9pm
- Address: 2 Lemon St, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Phone: (904) 372-0487
- Website: https://www.lemonbarjax.com/
If you’re looking for the center of the action at Atlantic Beach, look no further than Coop 303 right at the north end of the Beaches Town Center at the intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and 2nd Street. This sleek and attractive restaurant and bar is quickly becoming “the” place to go whether you’re looking for a great meal or a great place to drink with friends. Coop 303 is emerging as a local favorite for good reason, it’s fantastic!
- Hours: Sun-Th 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
- Address: 303 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Phone: (904) 372-4507
- Website: https://coop303.com/
Flying Iguana Taqueria & Tequila Bar
This is the place to go when you want something more than a typical bar experience and are looking for a spicy little treat. The Flying Iguana is an excellent Mexican restaurant hiding within the facade of one of Jacksonville’s premier bars to explore the wide world of Tequila. Latin fusion food and more drink availability than you can shake your taquito at, Flying Iguana is the great bar to hit up when you are looking for something fun.
- Hours: Sun-Th 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
- Address: 207 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Phone: (904) 853-5680
- Website: https://flyingiguana.com/
Ocean 60 Restaurant
The restaurant at Ocean 60 serves some of the freshest fish in all of Jacksonville while the bar offers up a new interpretation of the martini as an approachable drink, not just for James Bond and the like. Take your next meal at Ocean 760 on Atlantic Boulevard and 1st Street, where you can get a fine meal and an evening’s entertainment all while sipping high class drinks without feeling like you’re out of place. At Ocean 60, you’re in the right spot.
- Hours: Tu-Tr 5pm-10pm, Fri-Sat 5pm-11pm, Closed Sun-Mon
- Address: 60 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Phone: (904) 247-0060
- Website: http://ocean60.com/
Mellow, cash-only late-night hangout providing beer, pool tables & mixed drinks since 1933.
- Hours: Mon-Sun: 10am- 2am
- Address: 117 1st St Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Phone: 904-249-9158
- Website: https://petesbarjax.com/
Elevated burgers & pub fare in a brick-walled space with literary decor, plus outdoor seating.
- Hours: Mon-Sun: 11am- 10pm
- Address: 363 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, United States
- Phone: 904-241-7637
- Website: http://www.poestavern.com/atlantic-beach/
Seafood & house-brewed beer served in a lively, rustic-industrial space with a patio & live music.
- Hours: Sun – Thu: 11am – 10pm, Fri – Sat: 11am -12am
- Address: 207 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, United States
- Phone: 904-241-7877
- Website: http://www.ragtimetavern.com/
The Fly’s Tie
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 4:00pm – 2:00am, Sun: 11:00am – 2:00am
- Address: 177 Sailfish Dr E, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, United States
- Phone: 904-246-4293
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pub/Flys-Tie-Irish-Pub-214403117662/
Hawker’s Atlantic Beach
- Hours: Sun-Wed: 11am – 10 pm, Thu – Sat: 11am – 11 pm
- Address: 241 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL 32266, United States
- Phone: 904-425-1025
- Website: https://eathawkers.com/locations/neptune/