Bordered and bounded by Stockton Street to the west and Interstates to the north, Jacksonville’s Five Points area is tiny when compared to just about any other well-defined neighborhood in the city. And even this description of the area is lacking in definition, the “real” five points refers to the intersection of Park, Margaret, and Lomax Streets. However, don’t let any artificial boundaries define you or the Five Points area.
There is a “funk” that defines Five Points that encompasses more than block assignments or street names. Five Points is Jacksonville’s de facto “artsy” area where you’ll find yuppies in business suits dining alongside hippies in torn sweatshirts, and everyone is smiling and getting along fine. The magic of Five Points goes beyond any attempt to capture or define it, it just… is. Don’t try to figure it out, just come down and join in it!
Between the large Riverside Park and riverfront Memorial Park, there are more bars and restaurants than you would imagine. Don’t forget to take a walk beyond the obvious Five Points intersection as there are plenty of great spots to find off the main thoroughfare along Riverside, Post and even along Stockton.
Here we’ll be bringing a few of these to your attention and for your consideration, but always keep your eye open for the latest thing cropping up as Jacksonville’s Five Points area always seems to be growing something new all the time. Whether you’re looking for familiar comforts, or exotic exceptions, Five Points will feed your soul, and we’ll help guide you there.
Our Picks for the Top Bars in Five Points
Root Down Jax
Returning the important word “neighborhood” to the local neighborhood bar, Root Down is a favorite spot among Five Points residents and regular but once word about the fantastic service and “chill” atmosphere, Root Down welcomes guests from around the city to come and sip on some fine libations and enjoy the friendly banter among bartenders and patrons alike. When you’re in the mood to hang out and enjoy a couple drinks, head on over to Root Down.
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 2:00am Saturday – Sunday: 12:00pm – 2:00am
- Address: 1034 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: ( 904)-358-7288
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/RootDownJax/
Lying in wait in the Five Points strip is the legendary Hoptinger Biergarten and Sausagehaus. Springing from the pages of their own invention, this fun and imaginative bar and restaurant comes with a story depicted in the wall murals and on the menu.
Luckily for us, this legend results in a 62 taps flowing with brews from everywhere you can imagine, and some you can’t. The menu is just as varied as the drink options and you’ll never exhaust the options available.
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 11am – 2:00am ,Saturday – Sunday: 10am – 2:00am
- Address: 1037 Park Street Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: 904-903-4113
- Website: http://hoptinger.com/
Farm-to-table dining with a central focus on hearty portions and creativity in the menu. Local breweries on tap and cocktails that go the extra mile toward the drink experience.
Clean floor plan and glass walls with a rooftop lounge makes for an open affair with views of the city in every direction. If you’re not already enjoying Black Sheep Restaurant in Five Points, you are missing out on one of Jacksonville’s best restaurants, remedy this immediately.
- Hours: Wednesday – Thursday: 5pm – 9pm Friday – Saturday: 11am – 10:00pm Sunday: 10am – 9pm
- Address: 1534 Oak St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904)-380-3091
- Website: blacksheep5points.com
River & Post
You come to River and Post for the incredible food, fantastic service, and tasty drinks. You stay at River and Post because the view of the city stretching out below you is captivating.
Come day or night, or time it just right and take in a spectacular sunset while taking in an exquisite meal prepared by the chefs of River and Post. Comfortable lounge furniture, retractable awning, and exterior heating and air make this observation deck one of the great drinking locations in Jax.
- Hours: Monday: 4pm – 10:00pm Tuesday – SUnday: 11:00am – 10:00pm
- Address: 1000 Riverside Ave #100, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: 904-575-2366
- Website: https://www.riverandpostjax.com/
Escape Restaurant and Bar
Wine tasting, hookah lounge, bottomless brunch cocktails, and fine fare from around the world are all pieces of the puzzle that makes Escape Restaurant and Bar one of the liveliest of dining establishments and night spots along Five Points.
Specializing in exotic tastes, the menu offers something new to try on each and every visit, or something comforting and hearty for those less experimental. Escape the mundane meal and make you way over to Escape Restaurant and Bar.
- Hours: Thursday -Saturday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm Sunday: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Address: 1023 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: 904-801-3899
- Website: https://escaperestaurant.com/
Chill late-night bar & lounge showcasing craft beers, grub, live bands, local art & amateur comedy.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 4pm- 2am
- Address: 1045 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: 904-379-4969
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/raindogsjax/
Chill neighborhood hangout with a patio & full bar, plus live music & classic video games.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 4pm- 2am
- Address: 1044 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: 904-329-4291
- Website: http://www.birdiesfivepoints.com/
- Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 11 AM – 10PM, Monday: Closed
- Address: 1521 Margaret St Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904) 503-3430
- Website: https://prospectfivepoint.com/
Modern Japanese eatery serving handmade ramen noodles with locally-sourced toppings plus cocktails.
- Hours: Mon- 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Wed – Thu: 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Fri – Sat: 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Sun: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Address: 1029 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: 904-253-3282
- Website: http://www.craneramen904.com/
Asian fusion restaurant offering gourmet, street-inspired dishes in a stylish, bustling space.
- Hours: Sunday – Tuesday: 11am – 9pm, Wed: 11am- 10pm Thursday – Saturday: 11am – 11pm
- Address: 1001 Park St. Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904) 508-0342
- Website: https://eathawkers.com/locations/5-points/