There has been a steadily increasing rise in the number of quality bars, pubs, restaurants, and other drinking and dining establishments in the King Street area. As Avondale and Riverside spills out northward toward the traditionally more industrial region surrounding I-10, we are benefiting from some real cultural explosions and a celebratory rebirth of the King Street neighborhood.
Though not technically a “neighborhood”, when you ride up King Street, you’ll know why it stands out alone among the north/south avenues that cross beneath the interstate. Never dragged down by the busy industrial nature of the surrounding area, King Street is situated between McDuff and Stockton and allows Riverside to flow northward bringing it’s precious lifeblood with it and plenty of bars and restaurants that you absolutely must check out!
At the hospital, King Street denotes the traffic change from Riverside Avenue to St. John’s Avenue alongside the river. From there King runs through Post and Park where Riverside is alive and well, but also runs up through Roselle and under I-10 where King Street is expanding Riverside’s influence.
Along both side of King Street you can find the old favorite watering holes you remember from ten years back, or you may find a new brewery popping up offering you the latest flavors of Jacksonville. The area is growing fast and it seems that many of the new businesses moving in are interested in offering you a fine beverage or brew.
Take a stroll up King Street and check out all the bars and restaurants available to us, it’s not the King Street we remember from just a few years back!
Our Picks for the Top Bars in King Street
The narrow storefront on King Street between Post and College hides a dark and shady secret that you definitely want to know about. Rogue gives all the outward appearances of an ancient abandoned bar, but inside the beauty is revealed in freshly decorated and carefully curated exposed brick and timber and a good long bar with full shelves behind it.
Known to the surrounding neighborhood, you want to come down and have a drink with the good folks at Rogue.
- Hours: Sun-Sat 5pm – 2am
- Address: 927 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204-4205
- Phone: (904)-487-4220
- Website: http://www.roguejax.com/
With a name like The Garage you may expect some grimy place with sooty walls and oily floors however that’s not what you’re going to find at the corner of Post and King. This bar and restaurant is brightly lit with lights and life as well.
Come in and have a seat, or enjoy the immense outdoor patio seating. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun, and the drinks are worthy of sticking around all night until closing time!
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 3:00pm – 3:00am Sat – Sun: 11am – 3:00am
- Address: 2692 Post St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904)-374-2581
- Website: https://thegaragejacksonville.cafecityguide.website/
Come to Kickbacks Gastropub for the food, stay for the drinks, and relax in the soothing atmosphere of friendly hospitality. Eclectic menu options worthy of the visit alone but if you’re looking for a beer, you’ve come to the right place, perhaps the best place in Jacksonville, to taste a variety of beers.
With more than 200 taps, and 1000 bottle brands, you can sip a beer at Kickbacks and never run out of choices. Well, not for a long while anyway…
- Hours: Sun- Sat: 7am- 3am
- Address:910 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: 904-388-9551
- Website: http://www.kickbacksgastropub.com/
Park Place Lounge
Take a drive down either King Street or Post Street and look for the bright blue building, you can’t miss it. Not only for the brightly colored exterior, but also for the bright and fun vibe the entire bar gives off with friendly bartenders and staff, and even friendlier patrons.
The drinks are good and the pool tables are level, everyone is having a god time and the outdoor patio is nicer and more comfortable than most bars could ever hope to provide.
- Hours: Sun- Sat: 12pm- 2am
- Address: 931 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904) 389-6616
- Website: https://park-place-lounge.business.site/
The King Street region of Jacksonville is a widely eclectic and grab-bag mix of anything and everything. The Loft bar reflects the diversity of its surrounding neighborhood and creates a space for everyone to come together for a single purpose; fun.
Grab some great drinks and dance the night away with friends old and new as the DJ spins the records and the bartenders pour the spirits, The Loft is one of the better dance spots in Jacksonville.
- Hours: Tue- Sun: 8pm- 2am, Closed: Mon
- Address: 925 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904)-551-1350
- Website: http://www.loftjax.com/
One Bar & Lounge
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 4:00pm – 2:00am
- Address: 2665 Park St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: (904) 666-5157
- Website: https://oneloungejax.com/
Jazzy’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday: 11am – 10pm, Friday – Saturday: 11am – 11pm, Sunday 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Address: 901 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: (904) 813-7178
- Website: https://www.jazzysrestaurant.net/
Retailer in wines, small-batch spirits & craft beer with an attached cocktail bar & dining room.
- Hours: Monday – Wednesday: 10am – 9pm, Thursday – Saturday: 10am – 10pm, Sunday : Closed
- Address: 1251 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: 904-356-4517
- Website: http://www.riversideliquors.biz/
Mickie’s Irish Pub
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 4pm- 2am
- Address: 1012 King St Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Phone: (904) 479-1034
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/mickiesjax/
Keg & Coin
Lively spot for a variety of vintage arcade games, with 15 beers on tap, beer to go & gifts.
- Hours: Monday- Tuesday: 12pm- 12am, Wednesday – Friday: 12pm – 2am, Saturday – Sunday: 11 am – 2 am
- Address: 1271 King St, Jacksonville, FL 32204, United States
- Phone: 904-388-0033
- Website: http://www.kegandcoinjax.com/