- Hours: M-Th 11am-10pm, F-Sa 11am-12am, Sun 11am-9pm
- Address: 2 Lemon St, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Phone: (904) 372-0487
- Website: https://www.lemonbarjax.com/
One block south of Atlantic Boulevard and right on the sand is the unassuming Lemon Bar, right at the public beach access lot at the end of Lemon Street. Don’t let the “plain” appearance fool you, this place has everything you need for a fun and entertaining day at the beach.
Cold drinks, frozen drinks, hot food, live music, and a livelier crowd. The Lemon Bar gets even hotter as the sun goes down with a nightlife scene that outshines the already popular daytime crowds. A locally favored hangout for good reason, the Lemon Bar offers everything you want in your local beach bar.
Top 5 Drinks and Eats at The Lemon Bar
We would be remiss if we didn’t break down our thoughts on the five best food and drink options available at the Lemon Bar in Atlantic Beach.
Our Recommended Drinks
While The Lemon Bar has plenty of delicious signature frozen drinks and craft cocktails, our top five personal preferences for drinks are as follows:
- Recommendation 1: Coladas & Daiquiris – Piña Colada, Strawberry, Mango or Orange with a Kraken Black Spiced Rum Floater or any combination of flavors.
- Recommendation 2: Lemon Bar Freeze – Our Signature Drink! Stolichnaya Citros Vodka. Vodka and ice cream mix are perfect for a hot day!
- Recommendation 3: Titty Twister – Two Titmice Vodka with a twist of watermelon, fresh lemon, and a splash of soda. It’s the tits!
- Recommendation 4: Enter the Dragon – Bacardi Dragonberry Rum, ginger ale, and cherry syrup.
- Recommendation 5: Jalapeno Pineapple Margarita – Dangerously delicious with a kick of heat and Cenote Blanco Tequila.
Our Recommended Eats
Yes, The Lemon Bar is known for its beautiful surroundings, locale, ambiance, and incredible drink menu. However, for a bar, their food offerings are enough to make a trip to the Lemon Bar into a wonderful meal and drinks opportunity. Our favorite options from their food menu are as follows:
- Recommendation 1: Boom Boom Shrimp Tacos – Made with Boom sauce, lettuce, & diced tomatoes.
- Recommendation 2: Grilled Cheese – Fresh, thick-sliced sourdough bread pan-grilled golden with three types of cheese. Choice of fries or coleslaw. Add bacon and tomato for an extra 2.00.
- Recommendation 3: Calamari – Delicate rings and tails mixed with fried mild banana peppers.
- Recommendation 4: Mayport Shrimp – 8 Local shrimp grilled, blackened or lightly battered and fried served on a bed of fries. Try them coconut style!
- Recommendation 5: Chicken Sandwich – Fresh chicken breast served grilled, blackened, or fried with lettuce tomato, and onion. Choice of fries or coleslaw.
Our Thoughts on The Lemon Bar
Appearances can be deceiving and the outward look of the Lemon Bar may leave you looking for more until you step indoors and experience the refreshing wave of reality that washes over you. Many bars out there are trying too hard to dress to impress. They want to attract guests so they gimmick up their space; not The Lemon Bar.
This place feels like your good old-fashioned beach bar because that’s exactly what it is, we’ve only momentarily forgotten how good that can be. The food is good, but nothing more than what you’d expect from a bar. The drinks are cold, there are frozen drinks ready to go, plenty of seating indoors and out, with space for live entertainment to dance the night away.
This leaves us to ask, “What more are we looking for, what more do we want?” and the answer coming back a resounding, “Nothing, this is the spot!”